“A poisoned apple! Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho! One taste of the Poisoned Apple, and the victim’s eyes will close forever in the Sleeping Death. Dip the apple in the brew. Let the Sleeping Death seep through.” – Evil Queen
The recipe, you desire? You sure? Hopefully no draught of living death here:
- Papers: Tim Holtz Ideology Warm & Cool; Craft Card Stock, red card stock, lime green card stock
- Digit Images: Graphics Fairy-LunaMagicalQueen
- SVG Apple: Makira creation
- Embossing folder: Tim Holtz® Sizzix Texture Fades™ – Poison
- Sentiment: 1929 Underwood Typewriter, “Now Begin Thy Magic Spell”
- Stencil: Rabbit Hole Design Weird Science
- Inks: Distressed Ink (Candied Apple Red, Peeled Paint, Bubling Cauldron)
- Distressed Crayons: Candied Apple Red, Aged Mahogany, Bubling Cauldron
- Hot Glue
Prep Time: 20 minutes Craft Time: 1 day-ish Yield: 1 card
Spray the Red Warm Tim Holtz Cardstock with a very liberal layer of Candied Apple Red Distressed Ink and allow to dry. The dry time is many hours ( think 6+), however, it will dry. Print the Digi image from The Graphics Fairy on craft card stock. Apply Distressed crayon in Bubling Cauldron using the stencil over the printed Digi image to achieve the background. Use the Time Holtz Green Cold Cardstock in combination with his Poison embossing folder to add a second layer. Then use a mixture of Candied Apple Red and Aged Mahogany on the embossed paper to give it a slight red tint. By now the red cardstock should be dry, using the Cricut and SVG files, cut it out along with the lime green to form the apple. The SVG is available through Cricut. Liberally apply Peeled Paint Distressed Ink and Bubling Cauldron Distress Mica Spray to the lime green cut cardstock. While still wet, add the hot glue to the edges to form the ooze. Immediately after adding the glue, with the ink still somewhat wet, use your embossing gun or heat tool to melt the glue; this will help incorporate the ink into the glue to give it the green ooze look. Type your sentiment and cut it to size with a paper trimmer. Use Aged Mahogony Distress Oxide Ink to ink the sides of your sentiment. Last, just some glue to put the layers together.
This card will be sent for Halloween, my favorite occasion. Why is it my favorite, I love the freedom to dress in costume and just have fun for the day.