Happy April, crafters! It’s been a crazy month down South. I can’t believe I barely posted last month….. I hate it when life gets in the way of my hobbies. 🤣 Back to crafting!
There is another challenge over at the Colorful Options Challenge this month. And as you might have guessed, the featured color this month is YELLOW!
Here is how I made my bright and sparkly card.
- Papers: Nina 110lb White Card Stock, Gold Card Stock, Yellow Card Stock
- Stamp: My Monthly Hero Arts, September 2021
- Stencils: My Monthly Hero Arts, September 2021
- Dies: “hi”, butterfly – both from my stash Retired Sizzix
- Inks: Distressed Oxide Ink (Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade); Hero Arts (Butter Bar, Caramel), Versamark Embossing Ink, Ink on 3 Disappearing Ink
- Embossing Powder: Ranger Yellow Tinsel, Ranger Holographic
- Water Color: Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry colors 6 color set
- Stamping Platform: Mini Misti
Craft time: 1.5 hours
Tape off a border to the white background base. Ink blend with Distress Oxide and Hero Arts Butter Bar until happy. Splatter with watercolor gold and yellow ink. On the second piece of white cardstock, stamp using Ink on 3 Disappearing Ink and a stamping platform. Then ink blend using the coordinating stencils. (You could also color with watercolor, Copics, pencils – whatever you have on hand). Once colored, use the coordinating die to cut out the flowers. Place the “frame” from your cutout and the flowers back into your stamping platform and stamp the flowers a second time with Versamark Ink. Emboss using Yellow Tinsel. Cut out and ink your butterfly and sentiment. Stamp the sentiments with Versamark Ink and emboss using coordinating powders. Strategically place the flowers and butterfly around your background until you are happy. Mount to coordinating papers for a framed appearance.
Don’t forget to visit this month’s challenge for more DT inspiration!
Stay safe and Happy Crafting!
Inspiration Card: Colorful Options Challenge: April – Yellow