Good morning makers! I have a fun and festive make to share today……. a gift bag!
I found this adorable layered SVG on Craft with Sarah and just had to have her. If you are unfamiliar with her, check out her work on the link. She has easy to download and use SVGs. I used my Cricut to cut her, the black heart and butterflies. My background was, of course, some inky fun. As always, the supplies and directions are below:
- Papers: Arteza Watercolor Paper, Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock, Black cardstock
- SVG: free svg from Craft with Sarah Unicorn
- Stamps: Tim Holt’s Ledger Script CMS241, SSS Good Reading Background
- Inks: Distressed Oxide Ink Stamped (Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Villanous Potion, Dusty Concord), Archival Inks (Black Soot, Villanous Potion, Kitsch Flamingo), Distress Ink Spray (Villanous Potion, Kitsch Flamingo)
- Acrylic Paint: Folkart Color Shift Orchid Flash (mixed with water to form a spray), Folkart White Pearl
- Distress Crayon in Hocus Pocus
- Gauche: White
- Embellishments: Deco Hearts Sprinkletz, Lavendar Gel Pen, DecoArt Metallic Lustre in White Frost, Perfect Pearls Perfect Pearl
Background: Cut watercolor paper to fit the front of your bag. Spray with water and the Distress Ink sprays and Acrylic paint color shift spray until you are happy with the color. Heat dry or air dry. Splatter with Villanous Potion. Randomly stamp with Archival Kitsch Flamingo using SSS’s Good Reading stamp. Randomly stamp with Archival Black Soot using Tim Holt’s Ledger Script CMS24. Color the top third of the edges with Metallic Lustre and the bottom two-thirds with Distress Crayon blending into each other as possible.
SVGs: Upload unicorn to Cricut. Cut all the layers of the unicorn out in Bristol cardstock. The heart and butterflies are from Cricut All Access. Cut them out of black card stock from your stash. Paint the lacey flower layers of the unicorn with white pearl acrylic paint. Paint the inside of the ears, hoves, and corn with pink color shift acrylic paint. Using a water brush, color the mane and tail with a combination of Seedless Preserves, Villanous Potion, and Dusty Concord until happy. Assemble the layers of your unicorn. Use gel pens to add accents as desired.
To complete your bag, layer all your pieces on watercolor paper and glue them to the front of your bag. Hope you enjoyed it!