It’s June, crafters! I can’t believe almost half of the year is over??? Geez.. time is flying by! It’s a new month and that means there is a new challenge over at the Colorful Options Challenge this month. And as you might have guessed, the featured color this month is PURPLE! My favorite color!!! When I think of purple and cards, I can’t help but think of Rosie and Bernie from Stamping Bella. Here’s the recipe for this cute pair!
- Papers: Arteza Watercolor Paper, Purple card stock, purple fun foam
- Stamps: Stamping Bella’s Rosie loves Bernie, Tim Holt’s Ledger Script CMS241, SSS Good Reading Background
- Dies: Sizzix thinlits #664224
- Inks: Distressed Oxide Ink Stamped (Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Villanous Potion, Dusty Concord, Vintage Photo, Seedless Preserves, Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose), Archival Inks (Black Soot, Villanous Potion, Kitsch Flamingo), Versamark Watermark, Distress Ink Spray (Villanous Potion, Kitsch Flamingo)
- Embossing Powder: Emerald Creek’s Black Cherry Aroma
- Acrylic Paint: Folkart Color Shift Orchid Flash (mixed with water to form a spray)
- Distress Micro Glaze
- Distress Crayon in Hocus Pocus
- Gauche: White
- Embellishments: Deco Hearts Sprinkletz, Lavendar Gel Pen, DecoArt Metallic Lustre in White Frost, Perfect Pearls Perfect Pearl
- Stamping Platform: Mini Misti
Time to make – 2 days, Craft time – 3.0 hours.
Stamp Rosie and Bernie in Archival Ink twice and then with Versamark. Emboss with Black Cherry powder. Color using a water brush and Distress Oxide Inks “smooshed” onto a working surface. Allow to dry and place micro glaze over Rosie and Bernie. Spray with water and the Distress Ink sprays and Acrylic paint color shift spray until you are happy with the color. Heat dry or air dry. Splatter with Villanous Potion. Randomly stamp with Archival Kitsch Flamingo using SSS’s Good Reading stamp. Randomly stamp with Archival Black Soot using Tim Holt’s Ledger Script CMS24. Paint Bernie with white gauche if desired (I felt that he needed to be whiter to add more contrast and interest.) Color the top third of the edges with Metallic Lustre and the bottom two-thirds with Distress Crayon blending into each other as possible. Add sentiment and hearts. Color hearts with Perfect Pearls for some shine. Mount to purple fun foam and add to the card front.