Happy Weekend, Friends! I hope everyone is well and is able to spend some time relaxing this weekend! This card was inspired by Cheiron’s cards for the Uncharted Mariner release. Although this would not necessarily be considered a CAS card; this is about as CAS as I get. If you are need a card in a hurry, this layout is a quick and easy one.
- Papers: Nina Solar White Card Stock, Black Black Card Stock
- Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampersanonymous : Brush Strokes, Crazy Cats, Noteworthy, and a butterfly from a TH Hobby Lobby set (I can’t find it’s name)
- Distress Glaze: Picked Raspberry, Kitsch Flamingo, Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet, Broken China
- Inks: Archival Ink – Distress Ink in Black Soot, VersaMark Embossing Ink.
- Embossing Powder: Ranger White
- Embellishment: Silver & Clear Wink of Stella
- Tim Holtz stamping platform
Cut the white card stock down to 4.0″ to 5.25″. Place it in your stamping platform. Use two of the brush strokes stamps alternating. Stamp with Versamark Ink and apply embossing glaze. Do ALL of your stamping and glaze placement first. Then, heat emboss all five brush strokes at the same time. I find that this helps minimize the warping of the paper from the heat. Stamp the Crazy cat on a separate sheet of white cardstock using Archival ink; align the butterfly on the cat’s tail and stamp with Archival ink. Fuzzy cut the cat and butterfly. Use Black Black cardstock for your card base. Retain a scrap piece for your sentiment. Stamp the sentiment with Versamark embossing ink and use Ranger white embossing powder. Simply mount the background and elements to your card. Mix clear and silver Wink of Stella on a glass mat, this gives a softer silver, and apply to the butterfly’s wings.
Have a great weekend! Stay safe and happy!