Happy Weekend, crafty friends! I have gone from Ghostface’s macabre to some sweet butterfly wishes. I was playing with combining Saltwater Taffy and Salvaged Patina… and this pick-me-up card is the result. Hope you enjoy!!
- Papers: Arteza Watercolor Paper, Peach Card Stock, White Fun Foam, Nina Solar White 110lb cardstock
- Inks: Distress Oxide & Distress Ink Stamp pads (Salvaged Patina, Saltwater Taffy, Abandoned Coral), Versamark Embossing Ink
- Embossing Folders: Impresslit Butterfly, Tim Holt’s 3-D Embossing Swirls
- Embossing Glaze: Salvaged Patina, Saltwater Taffy
- Embossing Powder: silver from stash
- Stamp sets: Stampers Anonymous Tiny Text
- Distress Collage Medium
- Metallic Lustre Silver Spark
- Glossy Accents
- Acrylic paints: white gesso, Distress oxide paint (Salvaged Patina, Saltwater Taffy)
- Glitter: Distress Clear Rock Candy, Art Glitter Mint Chiffon
- Thread from my stash
Cut the watercolor card stock down to 5.0x 3.75. Ink the inside of the 3D embossing folder with Salvaged Patina. Lightly mist your watercolor paper and run through the machine. Allow drying. Rub the metallic lustre randomly over the paper to give it more depth. Then rub (or pain) collage medium randomly and dust the medium with clear rock candy. For the “sentiment” background, ink up the Tiny Text stamps with Versamark ink and sprinkle with a mixture of Salvaged Patina glaze and silver embossing powder. Cut a white piece of cardstock to 5.5×4.25. Stitch the sentiment background and white paper with turquoise thread and your sewing machine. Cut the two peach frames from cardstock and ink the edges with Oxide in Saltwater Taffy and Abandoned Coral. Cut out your butterfly from the same peach paper. Using glossy accents, give the butterfly a raised body. Now paint your butterfly until you are happy with the result. Using collage medium, pain the butterfly’s body and sprinkle with Art Glitter. Choose a sentiment and emboss it with a mixture of Saltwater Taffy glaze and silver embossing powder. Glue your layers together; I used fun foam to back the 3D embossed layer.
Stay cool, and enjoy your Sunday!
Challenges entered: SSS Wednesday Challenge, Can You Handle the Pressure?, Critter Crazy Challenge,
BEAUTIFUL card Makira! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
LikeLiked by 1 person