Hello August! And artists! And crafters!
It is the beginning of a new month on the Colorful Options Challenge. Mideela and Zemira provide the center point for my rainbow-inspired contribution this month. What a great set of friends! Here’s what you need for this duo,
- Papers: Arteza Watercolor Paper,Black Black 110lb cardstock, 110lb Nina Solar White cardstock
- Inks: Distress Oxide (Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw), Distress Ink (Spun Sugar)
- Lavinia Stamp Sets: Mideela, Zemira
- Stencils: Tim Holtz Sparkle, Lavina Stamps Elegance
- Inks: Versafine Onyx Black Ink,
- Black Acrylic paint
- Distress Oxide Matte Texture Paste
Cut the watercolor card stock down to 5×7. Apply texture paste through the stencil. Allow drying time. Apply the pink, blue and yellow ink with a blending sponge or brush, making sure to overlap the colors. Spritz with a little water to allow the colors to blend. Dry. Use a stamping platform to ink up Mideela and Zemira. I didn’t like the result I achieved, so I painted them with blacky acrylic paint after inking. Layer it up with mattes as you desire and glue it down. Enjoy!!!
Sometimes you just need to hear, “Hello, my friend, hello.”