Happy May, crafters! There is another challenge over at the Colorful Options Challenge this month. And as you might have guessed, the featured color this month is PINK! This is definitely an inky card, so get out your splat box and have some fun. The supplies are all listed below.
- Papers: Nina 110lb White Card Stock, Pink Card Stock, Beige-Gold Card Stock, Vellum
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn Clair’s ABCs, Tim Holt’s Ledger Script CMS241
- Embossing Folder: From the stash, old Hobby Lobby
- Cricut: Rectangular border
- Inks: Distressed Oxide Ink (Kitsch Flamingo, Old Paper, Shabby Shutters, Salty Ocean, Frayed Burlap); Distress Archival Ink (Kitsch Flamingo), Versamark Embossing Ink,
- Embossing Powder: Ranger Princess Gold
- Distress Foundry Wax: Gilded
- Stamping Platform: Mini Misti
Time to make – 2 days, Craft time – 3.0 hours.
Add Kitsch Flamingo Distressed Oxide on the flat side of the embossing folder. Lightly mist the white cardstock and emboss it with an embossing folder. Color the tree and bird using a water brush and Distress Oxide Inks “smooshed” onto a working surface. Spray with water to blend into the background color. Repeat the painting and water blending as needed until happy with the result. Allow to air dry or dry with a heating tool. Use the Archival ink and Ledger script stamp to stamp randomly on the background. Blend Old Paper and Frayed Burlap together with some water and apply to the border; then, use a foam blending tool and apply Old Paper over this to blend out. Use water to help blend until happy with the result. Splatter with Foundry Wax and heat set. Create the sentiment using Lawn Fawn’s alphabet, Versamark Ink, Gold embossing powder, and some vellum. Cut out a pink rectangle using Cricut. Glue the image to the pink rectangle frame. Mount this on white fun foam and add to a second border cut about two millimeters larger than the pink rectangle. Place on the card front.
Don’t forget to visit this month’s challenge for more DT inspiration!
Stay safe and Happy Crafting!
Inspiration card: Colorful Options Challenge
Challenges entered: Double Trouble Paper Crafting Challenge #109