Ahh. There you are! Just in time for some Halloween crafting! Welcome, foolish crafters to haunted inky goodness. Our little witch is here from Tim Holtz, she would love to cast a spell on you. Ohhhh. I mean, for you. If you insist on knowing the details, kindly look below.
- Papers: Arteza Watercolor Paper, Stonehenge Aqua Coldpress Black 140lb, Purple card stock, Black card stock
- Dies: Tim Holtz Sizzix Toil and Trouble #665561; circle die from stash
- Stencils: Tim Holtz Moon Stencil, MFT rain and hill stencil
- Inks: Distress Oxide Spray (Villaneous Potion, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot), Distress Mica Stain (Hocus Pocus, Crooked Broomstick) Distress Oxide Stamp pads (Stormy Sky, Wilted Violet, Antique Linen, Villanous Potion, Hickory Smoke, Picket Fence), Distress Spray Stain (Villanous Potion, Black Soot)
- Pan pastels: Violet (470.5), Black Fine (013 Pearl Medium), Ultramarine Blue Tint(520.8)
- Acrylic Paint: Folk Art Dragonfly Glaze (Violet,blue,green shift), Violet Pansy
- Texture Paste: Ranger Translucent Matte, Distress Grit Paste Grit-Crypt
- Deckle Trimmer
- Typewriter (1920 vintage)
- Alphabet dies from stash
Cut the black watercolor paper down to slimline card size. Spray Distress Oxides in Villainous Potion, Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, and Hocus Pocus until happy with the result. Allow to dry. Cut the witch, cauldron, and mouse out of scraps from the black watercolor paper. Spray the witch with Crooked Broomstick; if she is too light, color with Distress spray stain in villanous potion to darken. Color the mouse with Hickory Smoke. Mix Black Soot and Crypt paste and apply to the cauldron. Once the background is dry. Decide where the cauldron will sit and position the rain stencil (upside down) to allow the drops to look like they are bubbling out of the cauldron. Tape the stencil in palce. Mix the translucent paste with the two acrylic paints and apply through the stencil; allow to dry. Cut the moon out of Arteza watercolor paper. Apply Stormy Sky, Milled Lavendar and Villainous Potion and spray with water to achieve desired look. Then use the moon stencil along with Antique Linen, Hickory Smoke and Milled Lavender spraying as needed. Apply Picket Fence to moon to lighten result as needed. Apply Villainous Potion to the edges and smudge with Picket Fency. Glaze the left side with the Acylic Glaze. Allow to dry. Punch out your sentiment in black card stock and glue to the moon. The remaining sentiment, type on card stock and cut the card stock down with the deckle trimmer; grunge the edges with Villainous Potion and smudge as needed with Hickory Smoke and Picket Fence. Using the MFT hill stencil and black pan pastel, draw in a hill. Use purple pan pastel to create a “smoke” from the cauldron. Glue all the pieces to the background. Cut the right side of the moon off to be even with the card. Use the ultramarine pan pastel around the edges of the moon to give it a glow. If needed, use Villanous Potion mixed with Wilted Violet and water and apply to the edges of the black sentiment on the moon for dimension. Use purple and black cardstock for a base.
Hurry back! Hurry back! No death certificate, to join us. We’re dying to have you!