Happy Mother’s Day, Crafters!!! I was inspired by multiple different sources for this card. It started with the Fusion Challenge, then I loved the work by Cherion and Zoey from Tim Holtz’s 2021 Prize Ribbon release. So many options and I amalgamated everything into this card. Here’s everything I used.
- Papers: Stonehenge Aqua Coldpres Black 140lb water color paper; Azetca watercolor paper, Fabriano Black Black 140lb cardstock, Parklane turquoise 80lb cardstock
- Stamps: Tim Holtz Tiny Text CMS394
- Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Alterations Leafy
- Inks: Distressed Oxide Ink (Prize Ribbon, Tumbled Glass, Salvaged Patina); Distress Ink (Salvaged Patina, Prize Ribbon), Versamark Embossing Ink,
- Embossing Powder: Nuvo Cool Jade
- Distress Mica Spray: Snowflake, Frosted Juniper, Brushed Pewter
- Perfect Pearls: Forever Blue
- Sizzix Impresslit: butterfly (#665251)
- Fun Foam: black
- Stamping Platform: Mini Misti
Time to make – 2 hours
Add Salvaged Patina, Prize Ribbon and Tumbled Glass Distressed Oxide on the flat side of the embossing folder. Lightly mist the Arteza watercolor paper and emboss it with the embossing folder. Get out the splat box and spray with additional Prize Ribbon, Tumbled Glass and Salvaged Patina until happy with the result. Mist with Brushed Pewter. Allow to air dry or dry with a heating tool. Cut out 4 butterflies using the thinlit and black watercolor paper. Using a paint brush and a combination of perfect pearls, Distressed Oxide and Distress Ink reinkers, and mica sprays apply to the butterflies until you are happy. Create the sentiment using Tim Holtz’s sentiment, Versamark Ink, cool jade powder, and some scrap black paper. Mount the background on black fun foam and add to the black border about two millimeters larger. Create a second turquoise frame. Mount everything on a black card base. Final card is 6″x4.5″.
Hope you enjoy!