It’s throwback Saturday here in Houston! I was able to purchase the Tim Holtz TV die a few months ago and finally came up with an inspiration for it. Craft Roulette had the perfect options for this: project of artist’s choice, 2 colors, wood and flowers. When I thought of the wood, I couldn’t help remember the old TV sets with the wood frames, ours always had flowers sitting on top. I decided to place WandaVision episode 1 inside my tv. The tv does turn on as well. I have the supplies and directions below. Enjoy!
- Papers: Arteza 80lb watercolor paper, chipboard, Gold card stock, brown card stock; laser jet safe transparency, white vellum.
- Sizzix Dies: BigZ 665371(tv) BigZ XL/Framelits664419
- Embossing folder: TH Woodgrain 3D
- Distressed Oxide Spray: Walnut Stain
- Distress Glaze: Salvaged Patina
- Distress Paint: Speckled Egg
- Distress Oxide embossing dauber.
- Distress Oxide Ink: Tea Dye, Stormy Sky, Walnut Stain
- Distress Oxide Crayon: Speckled Egg, Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz Ideology: Bouquet, Petit Lumieers, Bottle
- Sizzix plastic domes for tv
Use a piece of watercolor paper and apply embossing fluid with the dauber randomly. Sprinkle the Distress Glaze on top and tap off excess to give a rand appearance. Heat emboss. Then apply Walnut Stain and Speckled Egg crayon and blend with water until you achieve the desired result. Allow to dry. Cut three sets of the tv out with this paper. Emboss brown paper with the folder and cut the legs out with the tv die. Cut the ananea out of gold card stock. Cut 2 tvs out of the chipboard. Cut a framelit box out of chip board. Print an image onto laser safe transparency paper. Paint the bottle with paint and the flowers with speckled egg crayon and set aside to dry as you assemble the tv. Glue the pieces of the tv together, layering as desired. Assemble the box, it will not have a cover. Glue the box to the back of the tv. drill a hole through the back and the box. Thread the lights through the hole and secure the battery on the back with glue and the lights in the box with tape. Cover the box with 2 layers of white vellum. On the front of the tv, glue the dome in place. Glue your printed image under the dome. Glue 2 more layers of vellum in back of your image. Glue the front of your tv to the box. Glue your flower vase to the top of the tv; I used hot glue. And set your flowers in place. If desired, you can put hot glue inside your vase and add your flowers for more security. Whew! Done. This would be a cute Halloween or Marvel addition.
Here are pics from the side and back