Hello friends! It’s a new month, which means a new challenge over at the Colorful Options Challenge! The color this month is TURQUOISE! How much fun is that??? Turquoise always makes me think of oceans; however, my contribution to the challenge is a home decor item with butterflies. My rainbow-inspired contribution can be found in my post Hello, Again, Hello.
I thought this would be a great summer house decoration. Here’s what you need.
- Box: Tim Holtz Ideology craft box
- Acrylic paint: Distress paint in Tumbled Glass and Salvaged Patina
- Clear Modge Podge
- Collage paper: Tim Holtz entymology
- Distress Oxide Ink: Salvaged Patina
- Distress Glaze: Salvaged Patina
- Distress Oxide Collage Medium
- Ideology: metal word; chip board sentiments
Cut the collage paper to fit the box. Turn the paper over and paint the backside of the paper with acrylic paint as you desire. Using either collage Medium or Mod Podge, glue the collage paper to the box, placing a layer of medium over the paper as well. Paint the metal sentiment with Distress collage medium and sprinkle with glaze. Allow drying. Emboss with the embossing gum. Ink the chip board sentiments with Distress Oxide. Glue the sentiments to the box. You’re done!!
Have a great month!